I believe my last post talked about how terrible I felt....well, there was a reason for that! I managed to catch strep throat, most likely from Corey. He had it pretty bad right before Halloween. I missed two days of work staying home taking care of him. Now, I've been out of work since Monday and am really struggling to get better. I haven't been this sick in a long time......
I was thinking back to about this time 4 years ago, right after Corey was born. I was in the hospital with the after effects of having a baby. I pretty much missed the first two weeks of my son's life because I was so sick. It started off with a bladder/kidney/UT infection...that was the first visit to the hospital. I ended up going back into the hospital a few days later which resulted in a D&C the day after Thanksgiving. I still have a lot of guilt about missing those crucial two weeks with Corey right after he was first born. I never really got to bond with him like I should have. The poor baby was shuffled around between Daddy and the grandmas and probably didn't even know he had a mom.
Anyway...what a horrific story! Corey was very sweet to me last night when he came in to kiss me goodnight. He told me that he hoped I was feeling better and hugged me. He can be such a sweet little boy, when he wants to.
This past Monday, he was apparently a little bugger at school. From what he tells us, he was misbehaveing in Chapel and wasn't paying attention and the teacher told him that if he didn't straighten up that she would send a note home to mom. I guess that did the trick, because I didn't get a note. He promised that he would be good for the rest of the week. I would absolutely die if I get a note sent home saying he was being ornery! My sweet little shy innocent baby....growing up and turning into a boy!!!
I've hardly seen Corey this week, I've been holed up in the bedroom so I don't pass this strep throat back to him. I miss him.
Time for me to go lay back down so I can get my strength back eventually.
Friday, November 19, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment