Saturday, November 20, 2004

Lazy Saturday

Today, while Jerry went tooling around St. Louis looking for a bike part, Corey and I spent the morning playing legos and putting together puzzles and getting back in touch with each other.
I'm actually feeling a little better today, so it was nice to be able to get some time with Corey. I haven't really seen much of him this week since I've been sick.
I spent forever making a clown out of legos, which he promptly destroyed! He likes seeing things torn apart! I also made a dinosaur, which lasted a little longer, but he still enjoyed ripping it apart. The puzzle we did was much more challenging...he lasted all of about 5 pieces and then it was up to mommy to finish putting it together. He doesn't stay on one thing very long. Not much can hold his attention. He goes from legos to puzzles to power rangers to army airplanes, back to power rangers. His lack of attention is still getting him in trouble at school. He got another talking to on Friday from Miss Laura for not paying attention. She told Deanna that every since he turned 4, he doesn't want to pay attention anymore. He's been told that if he doesn't start paying attention that his television priviledges are going to be taken away. THAT seemed to get his attention. All that boy really stays interested in is television. Guess that's our fault for letting him watch so much!
Later this evening, he put all his power rangers gear on and was trying to see himself in the mirror in my bathroom. No matter how many times he's done it, he climbs up on my dressing table stool and always manages to fall off. This time, he fell off in full power rangers gear. He cried a little bit and then was totally fine. I think it scares him more than anything....you think he would learn by now that that bench is dangerous.
I may be feeling better today but I'm not real motivated. I did a little laundry and straighted up the kitchen and took a shower, but that's about it. Corey has spent the whole day in his power rangers pjs! And, no nap. He ought to be fun this evening!

No comments: