Monday, November 29, 2004

Return to Blog

Well, my intention was to do a lot of blogging this past weekend, since I would be home and would have time to dedicate to some past memories. However, my computer at home did not want to cooperate. I downloaded an upgrade to Internet Explorer and now my computer is seriously slow. This prompted a purchase of a new computer from Dell. I can't wait for it to get here. My computer is about 5 years old, so it's long overdue. I'm going to give the old computer to Corey and he's so excited! He told me a couple of weeks ago that now that he is 4, he can have a computer. I'm going to find some fun games for him to play. He loves to type and spell out his name on the keyboard. He knows where all the letters for his name are on the keyboard.

Corey helped me put up the tree this weekend. What a crack-up! When I was putting on the lights, he would hold the next strand and would continue to ask if I was ready for the next one....over and over and over! It was about to drive me crazy. I told him that he would have to be patient, that it takes time to put lights on the tree. He'd say okay, then 10 minutes later would ask again. At one point, I just looked at him and he said "I know, I know, patience". Sometimes, he amazes me with what he says!!

On Saturday, he didn't want to take a nap and I had to fight him to get him into bed. I tucked him in and told him to get some rest and that he would feel better when he woke up. He looked at me and said "yes....MOTHER", with the tone and everything! I had visions of what he'll be like when he's a teenager! I think me and him are gonna clash!

Yesterday, we put the ornaments on the tree. He was so into it, I might let him decorate the tree next year! He was very careful about placing each ornament and he would stand back and look and say that it looked really good. Every time I put an ornament on the tree, he would compliment me on how good a job I was doing! The funniest was when I said to him "Corey, you're doing a great job" and he looked at me and said "so are you, Cheryl". Then, he looked at Jerry and called him by his name (he was eating lunch at the time). Then, he got a little smirk on his face....he knew he was being a stinker!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a little stinker! Calling you Cheryl!