Monday, May 30, 2005

No Time

Never any time to blog anymore. Work has been slow, but I'm so bored with the internet, I've been trying to find other things to do. I finally got my resume posted online and actually got a few hits for jobs. Guess we'll see what happens.

Although, the company did announce, the day after I posted my resume that they won't be "reducing or laying off" employees prior to March 1, 2006. This doesn't necessarily mean I won't lose my job....the undertone is that if my department is dissolved, I'm "guaranteed" a paycheck until March 1, 2006. Apparently, some of the bigwigs had to push for this to calm things down and because they want sales for the end of 2005 to be good. So, in other words, the message to employees was "stop working on your resume and get back to work". I don't think I can stick it out until March 1. I wouldn't get my severance until after that date, if I stay and "lose" my job. I just wish there was some sort of certainty in something at this place.

No comments: