Boy, what a disaster pre-testing was. I got there at 7:00 a.m. and got into a room pretty quickly. When the nurse started to take my blood pressure and do the blood tests, they realized that it was 8 days before my surgery (more than a week), so it was too early to do the blood work up. That was the first hurdle. I had to set up to come in on Saturday to get the blood work done.
They went through the registration process, which takes forever. They want to know everything....which I guess is good, but there was a lot to tell. Their "system" was down, so they couldn't verify what time my surgery is - my doctor told me 9:00, they think that it is 10:00. Scary.
Then, all the paper work is done and I'm waiting for the anethesiologist to come in and "interview" me. He was late. So, I was late for the CT Scan that I had scheduled at 8:00. I finally get out of pre-testing and go down to CT.
When I get to CT, they want to know where my paper work is. I tell them that the pre-testing people said I didn't need any paper work. They just shake their head and send me to outpatient admitting (which was all the way on the other side of the hospital).
They want to know how I got an armband. I explain to them that I got it in pre-testing and they shake their head and mumble about how nothing gets done right......then I go back to CT, with the correct paperwork, and proceed to wait for 45 MINUTES for a CT that literally took 2 minutes to perform. Needless to say, I was very frustrated at this point. It didn't give me a very good outlook for my surgery coming up. I hope they don't lose me somewhere in the hospital!
Wednesday, June 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment