Well......sick again for another Xmas. I thought that having the sinus surgery this year would ensure that I would have a good, healthy xmas, but I was WRONG. It started getting me the Thursday before xmas and I did everything I could to make it go away, but I was unsuccessful. Sore throat, cough and just feeling blah.
I was able to go everywhere, but I felt horrible. Xmas eve was at my Grandma Locke's in Marissa. She always makes fried chicken (a tradition we started a long time ago) and I'm sure it was delicious....I couldn't really taste anything. She also made her famous cherry pie, which I think was good. I got to take some home so I'll have to try it now and see if I can taste it.
It was a nice time, nonetheless. It's always good to get together with the family. Corey opened his presents and wanted to know if that was "it?". That boy is spoiled, that's for sure. Guess that's my fault! We all chipped in and got Grandpa a new television for his bedroom. I think he was surprised! I hope he enjoys it. I got a new coffeepot and can opener (you know you're getting old when you're actually excited about these types of gifts!) and some money to spend wherever I want. Corey got money and some hot wheels stuff.
Xmas morning was at home with Jerry and Corey. Santa brought Corey motorcycle gear and he was so excited! A helmet, goggles, jersey, pants, gloves and a chest protector so now he'll be all outfitted when he starts learning how to ride the motorcycle that Jerry got him for his birthday. I'm still not too happy about it, but it was bound to happen sooner or later, I guess. Hopefully, he'll learn how to ride young and will be safe. Jerryand I got him a steering wheel for the playstation, which he loved! He loves playing those racing games, so hopefully he'll figure out how to steer with the wheel instead of the joystick. Jerry got me hockey tickets for the last game of the season - too bad the Blues are playing so badly. I got him an Apple Nano - he liked it a lot.
We went to mom's a little later. She makes breakfast for everyone at 10:30, then we open presents and hang out for a few hours. I made a collage for dad of pictures of mom and dad from the last game they went to with us at Busch Stadium, complete with chunks of concrete from the real stadium that Rick got from someone. He loved it! I spent 2 months making a movie for Jeff and Jen of pictures of them as babies and growing up. I actually made my brother cry! They both loved it and I enjoyed seeing how much they loved it. Mom and dad got me a gift cert to Express and Jeff and Jen got me iTunes gift certificates. Jerry got a Lowe's gift cert and trash cans (which we desparately needed).
Corey got lots of cool stuff! His favorite was a Air Craft Carrier from Jeff and Jen, complete with 65 pieces! Little guns and grenades and army guys and the like! I told Jeff that paybacks are hell! He also got a ninja turtle action figure that he's been talking about for months and some hot wheels stuff. Mom got him dominoes and a Whac A Mole game, and a Simple Simon hand held game. My parents spoil him!
We spent xmas evening at Rick and Colleen's. He got even more stuff there! Another ninja turtle action figure (the same one my mom got him, so we'll have to take it back), lots of games (Sorry, Don't Wake Daddy, Connect Four) and some clothes. I think his favorite was the Fantastic Four hands and feet from the guy that is made of stone (don't know his name). Anyway, you put these huge hands and feet on and they made punching and crushing sounds when you hit stuff and when you walk. It was a crack up watching him walk around with those things on.
Of course, I was miserable the whole time. I lost my voice completely by the time we got to Rick's and I had to whisper to talk at all. That even hurt. At least Corey had a good xmas!
Yesterday was a pretty low key day. I spent the day catching up on laundry and putting away toys and straightening up. I felt a little better, got my voice back, but still not up to par.
Back at work today, and feeling crummy. The voice comes and goes. At least I'm not too busy today.
Tuesday, December 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment