So, I signed Corey up for camp last night for the summer at the YMCA. I'm scared of the whole prospect - but overall I think it will be good for him. He'll get to do so many activities and hopefully, will make some friends and learn how to stand up for himself. Camp starts the week of May 22. I signed him up for the first 4 weeks of day camp, then for a week of swim camp. It's about the same price as what we now pay for daycare. I did also sign him up as a member of the Y so we get the cheaper rate on daycare and swim lessons.
The camp will be held at the American Legion in Columbia. I saw the signup sheet last night and it appears that there aren't a whole lot of kids signed up, so the counselor to kid ratio should be pretty good.
I hope I'm doing the right thing. I've been trying to talk it up to Corey and he doesn't seem to be overly thrilled about the idea. Although, last night we got a t-shirt and a backpack and I told him that he will get to take his lunch every day and he was pretty excited about that. He ran into his room and got his Dale Earnhardt Jr. lunchbox to see if lunch would fit. Cute.
It may be a problem for a while until we figure out a schedule to take him. Pre-care is from 7-9 in the morning before camp starts. If I take him, we'll have to leave the house at 7:00 so I can drop him off and still make it to work by 8:00. If Jerry takes him, he'll have to drive all the way to Columbia and then turn around and drive all the way back, then to Millstadt. Plus, he would have to leave just as early to still make it to work by 8:00. I wish he could change his hours. I won't be able to change my hours to 7:30 to 4:00 if I will be taking him in the morning.
I just have to stay positive and hope that this is going to be good.
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment