Sunday, November 14, 2004

Birthday Aftermath

Wow! What a crazy day it was yesterday. We had the family and friends over for Corey's birthday. All in all, about 40 or 50 people were here! Mom made her famous mostacciolo and I cooked a ham and we had chips and dips and wonderful chocolate and yellow cake from Schnucks. The theme was, of course, Power Rangers! Mom came over early and blew up a ton of balloons for decorations. I made little treat bags for all the kids with goodies from Tribouts. I think everyone had a really good time. I was a stressed out mess, though! This is day 14 of quitting smoking and yesterday was a HUGE test, which I am happy to say I passed. I really craved a cigarette, especially when several people were outside smoking on the deck, but I perserved and didn't crack. Everyone told me how proud they are of me.
Corey got a lot of nice gifts. Mom and Aunt Sandy both got him the Power Rangers Mezadon Megazord, one of which we'll be taking back sometime. His favorite gift so far is the Braccio Morpher. If you've ever seen Power Rangers, you know all the characters wear a morpher which gives them their powers. He hasn't taken it off yet!
He got a ton of more power rangers stuff, along with a Spiderman dress up kit, some Army stuff from Jeff and Jen and a couple of really cute outfits. Deanna, Tony, Easton and Mackenzie all came (Deanna is Corey's daycare provider), Tristan, Riley and Jen Knapp; Cindy and Cade Hettenhausen; Dawn, Nolan and Easton Gavin. The kids had a really great time. Corey had a meltdown about 5-6:00. He was getting really tired since he didn't get a nap yesterday. So, I fed him some cake and the sugar kicked in and we were good to go. Party started at 3:00 and the last person left about 7:00 or so. Corey spent the rest of the evening playing with his toys and fell asleep in the chair about 8:00. We took a picture of it, I'll have to post it later.

No comments: