Of course, Corey didn't want to get up this morning to get ready to go to daycare. Jerry went in to work early, so it was difficult to get Corey motivated, while still trying to get myself ready. The stress of the weekend caught up with me last night and I have a terrible sore throat this morning. I didn't get much sleep last night, because I was always getting up to get a cough drop to soothe the ache in my throat. Corey sat on the couch and watched Power Rangers (imagine that!) while I finished getting ready. When I told him it was time to go, he told me that he didn't want to leave the house today and it would be a good day to stay home and watch Power Rangers! He's got quite the insistent little voice in the morning, which really grates on my nerves because I am not a morning person at all. Since I quit smoking, I've taken to drinking coffee every morning and can't function till I get that cup in me. He asks me every morning now if I've had my coffee yet..... He's so observant of everything around him....when he wants to be! We left for daycare with him in his Spiderman mask and power action/motion gloves (which make these really cool punch and websling sounds when he moves his wrist) that he got for his birthday. He felt that it was necessary to take them to daycare so he could show all the other kids. He'll be heading off to school around 8:30. The kids will be doing a "thanksgiving feast" next Monday, so each parent was asked to provide a food item from a list that was sent home Friday. Corey has a can of green beans in his package, ready to give to the teacher when he gets to school. That ought to be an interesting feast.....his teacher is a saint and I don't know how she makes all 12 of the kids mind.
Monday, November 15, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment