Friday, December 17, 2004

Corey's First Recital

Today, we got to see Corey in his first recital at his pre-school. I cried like a baby, standing there watching him sing Xmas songs with all his little friends from pre-school. Mom, Dad, Ruth and Aunt Jen joined us for the festivities.
The kids all came out in a single file line and their teacher, Miss Laura, did her best to get them all lined up on the altar of the church. Corey was dressed in his khaki pants and a brown striped Old Navy shirt that has a zipper at the neck. He did his best to sing the songs, but was more fascinated by zipping the zipper up and down and waving to paw-paw!
They sang two songs, then Miss Laura said a little bit about teaching the kids about Jesus and the reason for Xmas. Then, they sang two more songs and then said their bible verse for the week. It was absolutely adorable! Afterwards, there was a visit by Santa and each one of the kids received two books from Miss Laura. Corey sat on Santa's lap and told him that he wanted a baby sister for Xmas! UGH!
Then we had a small reception in the church, complete with cookies and punch. Miss Laura presents to the parents an angel drawing that the kids did using their feet at the body of the angel and their hands as the angels wings!
We said our goodbyes to everyone and wished all a Merry Xmas, then went to Breadeaux for a pizza buffet. The thing that makes me sad is the fact that the digital camera died after only taking two pictures! I forgot to charge it the night before, so I'll have to rely on the video tape that I made for memories. I was so mad at myself!!! At least I have the video to cherish!!!

No comments: