Yesterday was quite a busy day. I was up at 7:00 when Corey got up and me and him spent the morning running around while Jerry stayed home to wait for the Charter guy to hook up high speed internet. First, we went to Wal-Mart and got a few things. One of things we were looking for were different Xmas lights to put on the house. Of course, they didn't have what we wanted. Next, we tried Big Lots to see if they had the lights....nope. Then, we drove all the way to O'Fallon to Garden Ridge to see if they had the lights.....nope again. They had even less that Wal-Mart did! Finally, we went to Target in O'Fallon (first time there - love it!) and they had the lights we were looking for. Corey behaved pretty well during our outing. His reward was a power rangers action figure from Target. He wanted to open it right there! Our final destination was the grocery store. Every time I take Corey to the grocery store, I end up getting suckered into buying character foods....like Sponge Bob Square Pants Cheez-Its and Jimmy Neutron Chicken Noodle Soup. He sees it on the shelf and goes crazy and I give in and buy it. Boy, the marketing gurus that came up with those ideas are making a fortune!
We were about a third of the way through the store when, of course, Corey decided that he had to go to the bathroom. There's no waiting once he says he's gotta go. So, off to the lovely grocery bathroom it was. He made a big production in the stall that I couldn't watch him pee and that I had to turn around until he was done. Then, at the top of his lungs he proclaimed that he could smell his pee and that it smelled like juice....or maybe like butter. I don't know where he comes up with these little phrases...luckily, there was no one in the bathroom at the time.
So, back to grocery shopping. We made it a few more aisles, and then Corey loudly says to me "Mommy....I feel like I need to FART!!!" Again, no one around to hear, but I was still embarassed none the less. Ah, the joys of taking a 4 year old to the grocery store!!!!! I wonder if I ever did that kind of stuff to my mother?
We didn't get home until about 12:30 or so. Found out that we'll have to have Charter come back to dig underneath our driveway to get the access line to our house for high speed internet. So much for technology!
I spent the rest of the afternoon decorating the house with Christmas stuff. Nothing real elaborate, but Corey gets such a kick out of decorations that I can't help but drag out all the stuff. I'll probably regret that later when I'm having to take it all down!
Last night was mom's annual Christmas party. Corey put on quite a show, running around and jumping and singing and such. After all of mom's guests left, we hung around and talked with mom and dad and Jeff and Jen. We didn't leave mom's until after 1:00 in the morning! Corey stayed awake the entire time and was definately the life of the after-party. He was acting so goofy, he had us all cracking up.
He was up at 8:00 this morning, ready to play. No rest for the wicked!
Sunday, December 05, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Juice? Butter? LOL!!!!!!
At least you were alone!
Shelly
Post a Comment