Corey got reprimanded in school again today. Apparently, him and Chelsea were "goofing off". I'm not sure what that means, because he can't really explain to me what he did, but he at least understands that he did something wrong.
I walked in the door from work and he came running up to me, screaming "Mommy!!! Mommy!!!!" and proceeded to give me a great big hug (around the knees, of course). Then, he shyly looked down and said "I got in trouble at school today". Like I said, he realizes that he's doing wrong, but his 4 year old mind is constantly going from one thing to another and he forgets about being in trouble almost as soon as it happens. But, he'll remember something that happened 6 months ago that I've completely forgotten about. Every time Jerry drinks chocolate milk, Corey reminds him to be careful and don't spill it because one time about a year ago, Jerry spilled the chocolate milk on the floor in the living room. He has never let him forget that! That could be a good thing!
The kid is in a weird mood today. Acting goofy and jabbering like he hasn't been able to talk all day. It's so funny to see him process things and use his imagination to play. He's getting into the bad habit of playing with his food, though. I found myself saying "Don't play with your food, eat it! Starving children in China would be happy to have that!!!" AHH!!! I've turned into my mother!!!
He's really getting good at recognizing numbers and letters and now walks around the house asking what things spell. Last night, it was "OFF" and "ON" on the light switch. If I have a shirt on that has words on it, he points out the letters and wants to know what it spells. It's so cool to see! Of course, now I can't spell anything anymore that I don't want him to understand because he'll quiz me on the letters!
Tomorrow, we're taking Corey going to the dentist, so I'm not sure how that's going to work out. The technician said to just bring him in and see how he does. He likes to brush his teeth, but I'm not sure how he's going to react to someone other than mommy or daddy messing with his teeth. Of course, the poor kid is doomed to have braces someday, so he better get used to the dentist!
Friday, January 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment