So much for my New Year's resolution to write every day!
When I last wrote, I talked about being sick. That wasn't the half of it. It turned into a nasty sinus infection, which I am still recovering from. I missed two days of work. I made an appointment for the entire family to see the doctor, because Jerry had a sinus infection too and Corey had a little bit of a cough and I'm convinced that he has something clogging his ears because he's constantly saying "what?". I know....he's four, but I thought it had gotten out of control.
Jerry - diagnosed with a sinus infection and the doctor gave him anti-biotics and a decongestant. Corey - slight ear infection so my mother's intuition was somewhat right. Dr. gave him some Zithromax to take for 5 days. I was by far the worse, of course, I got anti-biotics, decongestant and some cough syrup with CODEINE! Nasty stuff...knocks me out. That's why I missed two days of work. I was seriously drugged.
I took myself off of the cough syrup yesterday and of course, I couldn't sleep last night. Then, when I finally did fall asleep, I had some seriously wicked dreams about burned out trains from the 1800's traveling out west, carrying this gnarled up dead lady that needed a new body. Spooky. At some point in the dream, I was actually flying around the sky with this previously dead gnarled up lady and she was alive and happy and was singing. I should NOT take any more codeine! I'm having withdrawals!
Since we had all not been feeling too well, we didn't do much for New Year's. Aunt Sandy came over and we watched a few movies (Collateral and The Bourne Supremacy). I took down the Xmas tree on New Year's Day and called my Grandma since it's her birthday on January 1. I asked her if she was enjoying her birthday and she said she was trying to read the paper but couldn't because everybody kept calling to wish her Happy Birthday. This is the same grandma who is always after me because I don't call enough! What a laugh! We talked for a while, then I told her that I would let her go so she could finish reading her paper. She ended the conversation with the words "I never get to talk to you, you know". Sometimes, its frustrating to talk to Grandma...I try to remember that her memory is suffering and just blow it off, but a person can only take so much sometimes.
Friday, January 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment