Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Oatmeal Yuck

Today, Corey got his first taste of oatmeal and decided that he didn't like it. I don't blame him, I don't like it either!
As we were driving to Deanna's, he kept commenting about not liking the oatmeal so I had to reassure him that he won't have to eat it again. He likes pop tarts, waffles and cereal, so he'll have plenty of things to pick from.

I hope he behaved at school and Deanna's today. He was up early because he heard Jerry getting ready to leave for work, and when I dropped him off at Deanna's, you could tell he was tired. When he gets in that tired place, he's very sensitive and takes everything to heart (just like his mom sometimes!!).

Yesterday, he got a spanking for smacking Easton after he was told to keep his hands to himself. I want him to mind his manners and do as Deanna asks him, but I must admit I'm a little proud of the fact that he asserted himself with Easton. Apparently, they were playing "kung-fu", punching and kicking and it got a little out of control and he hauled off and gave Easton a good one. There have been several instances where Easton has been the aggressor, so I'm glad that Corey showed that he can fight back. Of course, since he was told to keep his hands to himself and didn't, I think the punishment was warranted, but I'm not sure if a spanking was appropriate. That's one of the things that I have to give up being a working mom. I have to trust Deanna's judgment and my son has to live by her rules when he's in her house. For the most part, I agree with her discipline, but I'm not there and can only comment on what I'm told. Corey is getting to the age where he can tell us some of what happens during the day, but I'm sure he leaves out a lot. I try to remember to ask him what he did and get him to be as specific as possible.

No comments: