Sunday, January 16, 2005

Snow!

It snowed enough on Thursday to actually play in it! When I picked Corey up from Deanna's Thursday evening, him and Easton and Kaitlyn were out in the yard throwing snow at each other. Of course, as soon as I got out of the car, they nailed me! Corey and I went home and he sled down the hill a few times on the saucer. After about three times of chasing the sled down the hill, I was worn out! The first time, Corey went all the way down the hill, right into the sticker bush at the base of the yard. Of course, I didn't realize it was there until it was too late. We almost didn't make it out of that!
The funny thing about the snow is the fact that the ground underneath is wet and muddy, so when you slide across the yard, as the snow disappears, mud appears! So, once you get inside to get the snow off and get warmed up, you also have to scrape off the mud!
Corey had a blast going down the hill, but it got cold really fast, so we had to get inside and warm up. I'm getting too old to sled!

No comments: