Sunday, January 16, 2005

Tent City

What is it about tents when you're a kid that are so fascinating? After coming in from the snow on Thursday, Corey decided that he wanted to make a tent with umbrellas. So, we laid out two umbrellas and draped a blanket over them to make a tent. He was so excited! I had to crawl under the blanket so we could both be in the tent together. He thought it was the greatest thing in the world! I was laying there next to him, trying to recover from the sled riding and could have actually fell asleep. That's all that a tent is good for for an adult...a place to hide and take a nap!

Anyway, the blanket didn't really give us enough cover, so I went and got a sheet from the bed and drapped that over the umbrellas. That actually covered everything, so Corey was quite happy about that. He would poke his head out of the "tent" and pretend that he was looking for me and I would yell that I was in the tent and he would scream and laugh and get back into the tent. He started calling me a ghost since he couldn't see me unless he was inside the tent with me.

Unfortunately, he got bored with the tent after a few minutes, so we made a huge mess in the living room for only a few minutes of enjoyment. Oh well, Corey definately enjoyed the tent while it lasted. A dinner of Spaghettios and chips satisfied his hunger and he was ready to watch a movie.

I made myself a dinner of Tillapia and a salad (quite yummy!), then joined Corey on the couch to watch "Elmo in Grouchland". That's his new favorite these days...I don't know why. I think Elmo is a little too "kiddie" for him now, but when Elmo talks to the "audience", Corey pipes right up and answers him. It's kind of cute, actually. I'd rather watch Elmo than Teletubbies anyday!

No comments: