Saturday was spent running around Fairview, trying to find Corey some snow boots and his own kiddie size umbrella. When it rained the other day, I gave him my umbrella to use. First we went to Target....all snowboots were gone. Next, we went to Payless, where we did manage to find a Batman umbrella, but no snow boots. We ended up at Wal-Mart...they had three pairs of snow boots left, none of them Corey's size. Guess there was a mad rush on snow boots after the snow on Thursday. Guess those people don't actually have jobs and can go to Walmart on a Thursday during a snow storm!!!!
We left the house at 9:00 and didn't get home until 1:30. What a morning!! Corey is usually pretty good when we do our errands, but sometimes he gets a little bored with sitting in the cart and doesn't understand why he can't just run around and goof. However, I fed him a snack of Cheetos and soda and that satisfied him for a little while.
Since Wal-Mart didn't have the boots, and it was a Super Wal Mart, I decided to go ahead and do some grocery shopping there. That was a mistake!!! The normally rude people at WalMart was tripled in the grocery section. People walk in front of you and leave their carts in front of things so you can't get to them. I was in the spice aisle, trying to find some Italian seasoning, when this family pulled their cart right in front of me and stopped and proceeded to spread out and completely block the ENTIRE section of spices. When I have Corey with me, I'm much better at being patient and I can usually count on him to say something to get people's attention. Sure enough, he wanted to know why we were sitting there, not going anywhere. I told him, kind of loudly, that we had to wait for other people to finish what they were doing so we could have our turn. That comment got the attention of the spice hogs and the people finally moved out of the way and actually said "sorry".
Check out was another story. I think it's interesting to see what other people buy at the grocery store. Sometimes, you might see things that you missed in the aisles because people were standing in front of it! Anyway, I was spacing out, watching the guy in front of me check out and I was thinking to myself....how did this guy's wife get him to do the shopping? Maybe I was completely off, but it appeared the guy was buying enough stuff for a fairly large family and he was pretty skinny so I don't think it was all for him. Jerry goes to the grocery store every once in a while, but never on this scale! The guy filled up the belt with food and kept on going and going. The funny thing is, I could tell he wasn't very "experienced" in grocery shopping just by the way he conducted himself. Maybe I'm a little jaded with shopping, but he didn't move the cart to the end of the aisle so the next person in line....me.....could start putting their stuff on the belt when his was done. And he didn't pull the stuff off of the rotating bag system that WalMart has...he waited for the lady to put it in for him (lazy). This took 10 times longer because of course, the checkout lady was 150 years old. I was getting pretty impatient by that point.
Corey was sitting in the front of the cart and was getting impatient as well. I did my best to keep him entertained, while the line behind me grew to 6 people in line, all with full carts. I looked down the way and as is the WalMart way, only half of the available lanes are open. Come on, it's Saturday, people who work have to shop on the weekends...can't they get more people to check out? Then, you see the clerks just standing around, doing nothing....UGH!! I knew at that point, it was time to go home.
My plan was to go to Best Buy and spend my gift certificates from Xmas, but I think I might have hurt someone there if I had gone!
We got home, and I crashed on the couch and didn't move for the rest of the day!
Sunday, January 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment