Thursday, March 31, 2005

Extra-curricular activities!

Last night, I met my mom for dinner at Applebees, and then we went to a Lillian Vernon Celebrations party at Kay Tribout's "clubhouse". I ordered a purple wreath for the front door and only spent $20.00. There were a lot of cute things I could have ordered, but I've spent so much money lately on computer stuff, I couldn't.

I left about 8:00 and got home about 8:30 to relieve my Dad from babysitting duties. Jerry went to some paint seminar at Auto Spectrum, so I arranged for Dad to pick up Corey from Deanna's. When I got home, they were sitting on Corey's bed, watching a movie (what a surprise!). They obviously had a good time! Corey loves spending time with Dad. And I know that Dad just adores Corey...it's quite evident! I'm so glad that Corey can spend time with Paw-Paw.

Strange weather, again. It was almost 70 degrees yesterday. Once it started to cool off and the sun went down, a storm started brewing outside with tons of lightning. The wind was gusting at something like 49 miles an hour (according to the news). Something weird happened to the front door; the track that holds it to the brick apparently came loose so when I let dad out the front door, the door didn't want to shut and the air came whooshing into the house like a loud siren. Fortunately, Jerry was able to fix it this morning.

Corey did not want to go to bed last night. Dad let him play in the sandbox and he had so much gunk under his fingernails that he looked like a mechanic! I managed to get his hands cleaned up and finally convinced him to get his pajamas on and get to bed sometime after 9:00. It's hard to get him to bed and it's hard to get him up in the morning. However, he has actually stayed in bed the last three nights!! I've been really playing that up, trying to reinforce the fact that I'm very proud of him for staying in bed.

I got my Proactive skincare system last night in the mail. I'm so excited about trying it out. I'm 34 years old and have suffererd with a terrible complexion for so long. A coworker recommended the Proactive system so I decided to give it a try. If it works, I will be estatic. It's really a boost for the self confidence when you have clear, nice looking skin. I've always been self-conscious about zits and blemishes and red spots. I took a bunch of pictures of myself last night for the "before". That was tough! It's hard taking a picture of yourself! I hope to see some visible results within 3 to 6 weeks. If I'm not satisfied, there is a money back guarantee. And, it's not any more expensive than the Mary Kay that I've been using for years that obviously isn't working. Today, I elected not to wear any makeup to work until I get the medicated makeup system that I also ordered from Proactive. If I'm gonna do this, I'm going all out!

No comments: