Monday, March 14, 2005

Memories

Last night, the McMurray clan got together at Mom's for dinner for Jen's 30th birthday. We ate dinner and then sat around the dining room table, reminiscing about the stupid/crazy things we did when younger.
Jeff had to bring up when I burned my finger on the cigarette lighter in mom's car on a trip to Arkansas. Seems I wanted to see if the lighter actually worked!
Grandma Locke told a story about Grandpa Locke coming home drunk and throwing up on himself. She said she thought that if he was dumb enough to get himself drunk enough to throw up, then he could damn well clean himself up.
Jeff and Jen had quite a few stories about throwing up and being embarassed. Dad told his story about running into the side of a building, putting the missing bricks back into the building and driving off!
My store was about taking Mom's Lincoln when I had my permit and driving across town to see some boys that me and my friend Kim wanted to like us. I was coming up the hill on "F" street by the jail and was going pretty fast and as I got to the top of the hill, the car went airborne! Imagine a 16 year old kid, driving a 4000 pound car, going airborne, with nothing but a learner's permit and a scared friend sitting next to me. That was quite the eye opener! I don't know if Mom ever knew that story before last night!
I also had an episode where I ran over an old boyfriend's foot when backing out of a driveway once. Wasn't much of a driver in those earlier days. It's hard to believe I have been driving over half of my life. I can't remember not driving.

I went from a 1975 Ford LTD to a 1974 Mercury Cougar XR7 to a 1969 Camaro to a 1991 Camaro to a 1996 Chevy Blazer and to my current car, a 2001 Grand Prix. My favorite car out of all of those was of course the Camaro (1991) because it was fast and it was my first brand new car, but the 1969 was by far the prettiest and most prized. I sure got a lot of looks in that car! Of course, now that I'm matured (HAHA), I really love the Grand Prix. Jerry just recently fixed all the dents and dings, so I'm really loving it now.

I can't even think about Corey growing up someday and driving! Number one, he's a boy so he's gonna do stupid things! Then, he'll be driving with friends and then eventually taking out girls. I don't ever want my baby to grow up!!!!!

No comments: