Wednesday, May 18, 2005

What is wrong with me?

Me. Sick. Again. I'm so tired of feeling like hell all the time. Another sinus infection, coupled with a bladder infection and potentially a kidney infection. I've had some really weird symptoms. My chest hurts. I've been short of breath. I've been dizzy and just generally don't feel well. I'm scared I might have diabetes or something. I went to the doctor today and have an appointment next week to get some blood work done to "rule out" diabetes. She wants to check all my counts and see if there is anything off. Also asked if I have a history of heart disease in the family. I've got a round of anti-biotics (Cipro) to treat both infections, so we'll see how I feel in a couple of days. Quitting smoking was supposed to make me healthier, not worse.

This "ill" feeling started a few weeks ago, but I of course ignored it. I had even started a heathier diet and was stretching out every night and was getting up the courage to actually use the weight bench that's been sitting in the basement for a year. Then, my stomach just got absoluately bloated and I started feeling gassy and ill and then the sinuses really kicked in. When I lay down at night to go to bed, I can feel my heart beating in my chest like a drum and I feel on edge and nervous like. I'm not sure if it's a side effect of having these infections, but it's very freaky.

So, now I have a whole week to worry about getting a "CBC". Of course, I'm bored at work so I've been reasearching every symptom on the internet, making it much worse than it probably really is.

No comments: