Monday, May 16, 2005

Napless

Saturday was swim lessons, then a trip to Wal-Mart. Again, Corey is doing so well with swim lessons, I'm very pleased. No fear of the water, and once his little body gets strong enough, he'll be a good swimmer. He gets tired out there with the kickboard, but at least he's trying.

We got home, ate some lunch and put in a new movie to watch. I didn't feel so good, so I spent much of the couch, watching tv. Corey was in and out. Jerry was out in the garage all weekend, working on Big Joe's car. I tried to get Corey to take a nap, but he only stayed in his room about 10 minutes before he came out and I didn't have the energy to fight him.

About 6:15 or so, he was getting really crabby, and was being ornery, so I banished him to room to think about how nasty he was being. I was, of course, still laying on the couch, and all of a sudden, I realized that it was pretty quiet. The little bugger was asleep on his bed! I figured I would let him sleep for a little while then wake him up. Next thing I know it's 8:00 and he's still sleeping. I went in to check on him and he was having a bad dream or something, up on his knees, beating on the wall and crying. I picked him up and tried to comfort him by taking him out to the couch and holding him. He kind of woke up and I offered to get him a drink, but then he proceeded to fall right back asleep. It was so sweet, sitting there holding him while he was sleeping. I won't have too many more opportunities to do that. One, because he's getting too big to hold. Two, because he prefers Daddy over me anyway. Next thing I knew, I was asleep too. I was awoken by Jerry telling me to go to bed. My poor arm was asleep from holding Corey for who knows how long.

I thought for sure that Corey would be up at 10:00 ready to go, but fortunately, he slept through the night (of course, still had his normal trip into my bedroom to crawl into bed with me). The swim lessons and Wal Mart and bike riding wore him out.

No comments: