Corey was outside last night and wanted to ride his bike. Jacob and Cade came by so of course, he ventured out into the street with the boys. Jerry followed along behind the boys, back to Cade's house. I was preoccupied putting the new carseat in the car, when I saw the boys come flying back by the house. Poor Corey was bringing up the rear, yelling "wait up guys!". I thought to myself, he's going too fast, he's gonna crash. Unfortunately, that's the only way he's gonna learn! I watched them go all the way up the street and Corey was holding his own and I felt a surge of pride. So, I busies myself with the carseat again. A few minutes later, I heard a crash and scream. I look up and there's my kid, laying in the middle of the street, about 3 houses down. I took off running to rescue him.
What a sight it must have been! Mommy, trucking down the street, in socks, a crappy t-shirt (no bra), and sweatpants to save her child! There was not going to be anything that was going to stop me from getting to my child! I get there, and untangle him from his bike and there wasn't a scratch on him! He got cocky, and was taking his feet off the pedals and when he tried to put his feet back on the pedals, he lost his balance and crashed. He took a deep breath, got right back on the bike and took off....leaving me there to deal with the after effects of running a half mile! By the time I got back to the house, my legs were burning and my feet were sore from running on the street. By the time it was time for bed, I could hardly walk my shins were so sore! Just goes to prove what a mom will do for her child!!!!!
Wednesday, June 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment