What a busy weekend we had!
Karate Friday night, followed by supper at Dairy Queen in Columbia. Tell you what, that DQ is lucky to still be in business. It's all kids working there, and they are the most unprofessional, rude people I have ever met. I guess I'm getting old, but if someone is waiting on me at a restaurant, I expect them to be courteous and knowledgeable. The girl taking the orders did not make eye contact, mumbled her words and seemed utterly disgusted to be working there. Hey, if you don't want to work....quit. They got our order wrong, and it took FOREVER to get the order. Then, while we were sitting there eating, the "crew" was all in the back, shouting and laughing and cussing. I had a good mind to get the manager and complain. Of course, I never saw a manager anywhere. I swear I was never like that when I worked at a restaurant.
I spent Friday night hooking up a new hard drive in the computer. Now, I have an extra 200 GB to put all the digital pics and video on so that it doesn't take up space on the main hard drive. Very cool! Too bad it took me 4 hours to get it to work. I inadvertently "turned-on" the wrong drive, so the computer wasn't recognizing the new drive. After an online chat with Dell, I finally figured out what I did wrong, turned on the correct drive and in a matter of minutes was done. Very frustrating!!!!
Saturday, we went to his brother's for a graduation party. Lauren and Curtis graduated from high school and Annie from college. I can't believe that they are all grown up. I can remember when Lauren was a baby. Jerry and I used to babysit her. It was really hot on Saturday, and we were outside all afternoon at his brother's. Ryan played baseball with Corey. I'm definately going to have to investigate baseball for Corey. He's a natural with the bat. We bought him a aluminum bat and baseball from Johnny Mack's before we went to the party and he loves it!
We left Rick's about 6:00, headed home and ordered a pizza. I called Deanna on the way home to see if Easton still wanted to come over to spend the night. They brought him by about 6:30 and the boys had a blast playing together. We all went for a bike ridem, then came back to the house and the boys played baseball outside with Jerry for a couple of hours, until it got dark. I was inside working on the computer. Too hot out there for me. When the boys were finally done with baseball, they came in and watched some tv and played. We made them a palette on the living room floor and they snuggled into sleeping bags and finally fell asleep around 10:30.
They were up at 8:00, ready to play. However, I think they were both still wore out from the day before, because we went for a short bike ride and played a little baseball, then they were ready to come in and take a break. They ended up watching a movie and I left to go to the grocery store. When I got back, Toney had already came by to get Easton.
After I got back from the grocery store, we had lunch, then Jerry gave Corey a bath and he went down for a nap. What a tired little kid he was. He slept from 12:30 until after 4:00! I spent that time putting a coat of clear on my chifferobe and Jerry laid around watching tv. By the time I was done with the first coat, I was too worn out to start sanding. I think I'll save that for next weekend.
I moved on to the cars and got them all vacumned out. Came in, exhausted and got cleaned up. By the time I was done, it was time for supper. I grilled some rib eyes and made corn on the cob. Quite yummy. Of course, I had to be outside again, in the heat, standing in front of a hot burning grill. By the time I was done with that, I was ready for another shower!
After dinner, I did some laundry and straightened up the kitchen, etc., etc. Corey watched a movie in his room and didn't offer up too much of a fight when it was time for bed. He's still worn out.
Next weekend, we're supposed to go to Mike and Dawn's for a BBQ. What a social life we have these days!
Monday, June 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment