We took Corey to the Arch weekend before last. I had told him that once I started feeling better, we would do something fun. His pick was the Arch. We went in the morning, which was a good idea, because by the time we left the Arch was packed!
We parked at Mansion House, using my parking pass, and walked the distance to the arch grounds. As we were walking and getting closer, Corey kept saying how big the arch was and was just amazed at how big it really is. Once we got there to the base of the arch, I took his picture with his hand against the arch.
Him and Jerry walked down the stairs to the riverfront to get close to the "missizzpi" (that's a long word for him to say!!). We finally got inside and bought tickets and had to wait for an hour before it was our turn to go up. He thought the little car that takes you to the top of the arch was the coolest thing! We got paired with an elderly couple who thought Corey was a little cutie. He hammed it up, too. He kept looking out the little window, commenting on how high we were.
Once we got to the top, I think he was surprised that you could actually look out the windows and see things. He commented on the river, and the stadium and I showed him where Mommy works. I took a bunch of pictures of him looking out the windows. I'll post later.
It was so unbelievably croweded at the top of the Arch that you almost couldn't walk through. I don't know that I've been there on a weekend before. School trips were always during the week and the last time I was in the Arch was a few years ago with some of my co-workers. It costs $10 per person to go up. I figured the math (yeah, scary!), and just for trips to the top alone, the arch is taking in roughly $32,000 a day. What a great experience it is though!

No comments:
Post a Comment