Saturday, August 27, 2005

Bowling/Hockey

Jerry started league bowling again on the 24th. I dread it because the season lasts FOREVER. It means that every Wednesday night for the next 32 weeks, I'll have to drive to Fairview after work to pick up Corey from the bowling alley. What a dirty, nasty, smelly place. Jerry tried to talk me in to leaving him there at the daycare, but I put the kabosh on that right away. Who knows what kind of person would be in charge of the kids....probably a teenager.

So, our first evening was busy. I picked Corey up and we went by the ice rink so Corey could check it out. I'm going to sign him up for ice skating lessons starting on Sept. 17 and I wanted to make sure that he knew what the place looked like and to make sure he would be interested. He was so excited!!!

He thought it was the coolest thing, watching the kids practicing and can't wait to start learning.

We left the ice rink and went to McDonald's for supper. I even let him play in the playground, which I normally hate to do because those things are nasty, but I was too tired to fight him. He played for a while and I finally talked him into leaving. I was totally exhausted by the time we got home.

That's the bad thing about it....we're so far away from everything, by the time we get home, it's late. The cons of living in the middle of nowhere, I guess.

No comments: