I'm beginning to think that I'll never get well.
After enduring the sinus surgery, I managed to catch a cold from Corey/Jerry. I suffered with that for a good week, then went back to Dr. Dobbs for a follow up.
I laid out all the symptoms I was having: sneezing like crazy, coughing, sore ears that were constantly popping, etc. Dr. Dobbs said that the sinuses looked good and the problem lies within the cavity behind the nose that is between the nostrils and the back of the throat. So, I got anti-biotics and some Clarinex to get me "fixed up" (doctor's term). Mind you, the worst of the cold had actually passed, but it was just hanging on and I was hoping to get rid of the last pesky symptoms.
That was on Wednesday, the 10th. On Thursday, the 11th, I had to call in sick to work because I was so absolutely miserable! I lost my voice, was coughing so hard it was painful and was generally sicker than I had been the day before.
The entire weekend was spent feeling terrible. I have had a killer headache pretty much since Thursday, that varies in intensity. The worst was probably Friday night/Saturday when I was convinced that it was a migraine and actually took migraine pills (which didn't help). Steph is convinced I'm strung out on codeine (there could be some truth to that). The headache is pretty intense, though. It's like a stabbing in my head that I normally associate with a migraine.
I finally decided today to stop taking the Clarinex and see what happened. Strangely enough, I've felt pretty good today, compared to how I have felt for the past week. The headache is still kind of there, but it's not near as intense or painful. It's bearable. I had planned on calling the doctor today, but I've been so busy at work that I didn't have a chance today. I haven't had an anti-biotic today either, so maybe I'm on to something.
I need a personal, 24 hour physician to keep me well.
Tuesday, August 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment