Weekends are always busy, but holiday weekends are really busy!
Friday night - karate. Boy, it was a rough one. Of course, Easton was there, so it wasn't as good as it could be. I don't know why Corey is so intimidated by him. They were doing an exercise where they had to punch the bag, then return to the end of the line. Corey has always had problems with going to the end of the line (he doesn't understand the concept). Of course, he went to the middle of line and Easton was the first to point out that he was wrong. Rather than standing up for himself and ignoring Easton, Corey gets all bent out of shape and Easton keeps yelling at him and then he started crying. Frustrates me to no end. I keep trying to tell him to stand up for himself, but it isn't working.
Saturday - Swim lessons, followed by a trip to Wal-Mart and the grocery store. Jerry went for a bike ride with the group. We actually got home from our running before he did. Managed to talk Jerry into getting the rest of Corey's wallpaper up in his room (a project that was started 3 months ago). It looks so good. I took down the "baby" stuff off of the shelf in Corey's room and replaced it with his Yellow Belt Certificate from karate, alone with his old white belt and the medal that he got from a competition that they had over the summer. With the new wallpaper and the "baby" shelf gone, it really looks like a little boy's room now instead of a baby room. The wallpaper has all kinds of sports stuff on it....he loves it. I have to admit, I kind of miss the baby stuff a little. My baby is growing up so fast.
Tuesday, September 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment