Friday, September 02, 2005

Mommy time

Next weekend (the 10th), I'm planning a "slumber party" with a few of my girlfriends. Dawn and Steph and maybe Kelly are coming over to hang out on Saturday night while Jerry is out of town for the MS150. Corey is going to go stay with Grandma for the night.

We're gonna make some good food, watch silly chick flicks and have a few drinks. And, mostly, talk girl talk! I'm really looking forward to it!

I haven't seen Dawn or Steph since Steph left May. I could really use some time with the girls! Kelly is close approaching her wedding and has lot of things to do, but said she would try to come by. She's such a sweet person, I hope she makes it for at least a little while.

I miss not seeing Steph every day at work. I can't hardly stand the person that "replaced" her. She's a close talker and a total brown-noser and is very, very strange. I tried to give her the benefit during her first couple of weeks but my ability to be civil is starting to wear off. She's weird.

Speaking of work, the merger was official approved this week by the FTC, so I am now a Federated employee. Well.....May is a subsidiary of Federated...whatever that means. Still don't know anything more than I did before the merger. We got a welcome video and welcome brochure today that said....nothing. They keep harping that we are "guaranteed employement" until 3/1/06. Still don't believe it.

I don't expect to see any drastic changes any time soon. It would be nice to get some type of morale booster from Fed, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. The job front has been disappointing. I made it as far as a phone interview with Edward Jones then never heard another word. Other places that I have sent resumes I have not heard anything from. It's depressing. And, it's pretty certain that I'm going to have to take a pay cut if I do stay in this field because no one is offering what I make now.

I am now sickened with the May curse. Overqualified and overpaid - according to the advertising market. Even the job at Edward Jones would have been a paycut. I've given up sending out resumes for a while. I'm having a hard time thinking about being unemployed.

I wish I had some skill to use to open my own business.

No comments: