So, last night was tot hockey class number 1. What a crazy mess! Lots of kids and parents and mass confusion.
I think that Corey did very well, though, for just making the trasition to hockey skates. He has the balance pretty much down pat, but just needs practice in the drills. The instructor had them squatting down and doing the "chair" and skating back and forth between the red line and blue line. He did one session with "red light, green light" and Corey did really good at first, then I guess he started to get tired.
I actually talked to the class coordinator today and managed to get Corey into the later class at 6:00 instead of at 5:20. Works out better for both Jerry and I in getting him to the class.
He was pretty excited about the whole thing. He got to be with all the other boys, who were all suited up in hockey skates and helmets as well. It was a BOY class - none of that sissy figure skating! I think Corey is thrilled to be with the boys and the guy instructors, learning hockey!
I had to suffer through the class with a migraine, so I couldn't be as focused as I had wanted, but you bet that I will be there next week in full force!
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment