Monday, April 17, 2006

Update

Spring break last week....poor Corey got shuffled all around! He spent Sunday night at Mom's and Monday with Dad; Tuesday at Ruth's, then home Tuesday night for his first night of swim lessons in Columbia; Wednesday and Thursday at Ruth's, then back home Thursday night, then home with mommy on Friday morning.

Uncle Jeff and Aunt Jen offered to watch him on Friday afternoon, while I ran some errands. He had a good time playing with them and their dogs. We left there and went and got his haircut at Great Clips, then finally made it home around dinner time. Poor kid was worn out!

Saturday was Easter at my mom's. Uncle Jerry, Aunt Laura and Andrew, Rob, and Shelly and her family all made it in for the holiday. It was nice to see everyone, although it was so hectic that we really didn't get a whole lot of time to visit. We tried to get a grandkid/great grandkid photo, but it didn't quite work out. That's the first time we've all been together in quite a while. Maybe I can photoshop us all together with Grandma!

Sunday was the Kelso Easter at our house. It was almost like Christmas with all the Easter baskets that Corey got from everyone. He got a bubble blower from Rick and Colleen that was pretty cool. We spent quite a bit of time outside playing with that - it was such a nice day that it was good to be outside. I made a ham (which turned out pretty good, I must say!) and Ruth made her famous chicken and dumplins. Green bean casserole from Sandy, broccoli casserole and apple dip from Colleen. Denise sent a cake - they weren't able to make it because Bill was not feeling well (although the boys did make it). We had so much food, and most everyone wasn't even hungry when I served the food, as they had already been to other dinners during the day. Everyone still ate, though!

Corey had fun playing with Amber, Hannah and Payten (poor boy was outnumbered). Luckily, Ryan and Curtis came by later, so he got to play with the "boys" for a while.

A very busy weekend, that's for sure. I'm kind of glad its over, so we can get back to normal!

No comments: