Monday, May 08, 2006

Weekend Warriors

Corey spent Sunday with mom and dad. They came to get him about 12:30, took him to McDonald's, Wal-Mart (buying him a toy...of course!), the park and then back to their house.

They finally dropped him home at about 6:30. He had a blast with grandma and paw-paw! When they were on the way home, mom said he was concerned about nobody being home to "watch him". So mom had to call to make sure that mommy was going to be there when he got home.

She said he scratched himself up pretty good one time and cried out that he wanted his mommy. I felt absolutely lost without him there yesterday. It was like I kept waiting for him to come around the corner at any time, but he didn't.

We mowed the grass on Saturday with the new lawnmower. I needed the practice, and of course he wanted to ride along. Jerry worked on cutting up the wood in the yard, while we mowed. It was actually a lot of fun!

Saturday night I talked Corey into watching Pirates of the Carribean. He actually made it through 3/4 of the movie, until it got to the scary part with the skeletons, then he was gone. He laid there on my bed with me, with his hands tucked back behind his head, and his feet crossed at the ankles. Too cute - I should have taken a picture!

No comments: