Thursday, June 14, 2007

Reconstruction

Here is it, the middle of June, and the destruction/reconstruction is almost, almost done. It's been a rough road. The office, the new bathroom, the larger utility room are going to be great - just a few finishing touches and it will really be worth it. Corey has been pretty good throughout it all, although there have been some weekends where we have really gotten ourselves too busy with house stuff to really dedicate the time to him, but he's taken it all in stride. He really wants to help, but his 6 year old mind only holds on for so long, then he's done and is ready to move on to something more exciting.

The boy loves to help put laundry in the washer. Something exciting about putting dirty clothes into the tub - I hope that trend continues! He's not too keen on putting clothes away, of course.

We're back at the YMCA camp again this year for the summer. I'm not getting the warm fuzzy feelings like I did last year. I think he's having fun, but I really think it's wearing him out. He swims on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and then a field trip on Thursday. He's outside all day, in the heat. And, camp is not at the pavilion this year like it was last year, it's actually at the Y, so it's not as intimate as before. There are tons of kids from other camps, not just the day camp, that are there too, so it's been an adjustment. Hopefully, in another week, it will be better. This is only week #2 for him - I keep telling myself we have to give it time.

We got Corey a trampoline for making it through Kindergarten so well. He sure does love that thing! Mommy and daddy have actually got out there and made fools of themselves, too, which he loves. That thing is good for a cardio workout! Graduation was cute - the kids were adorable in their caps. I cried like a baby watching my baby graduate. It's all captured on video, of course, for me to relive and cry for years to come. The killer was when the kids sang "Proud to be an American" - just so touching and cute. And they got to walk in to Pomp and Circumstance - I should start preparing for high school graduation now!

No comments: