Sunday, June 24, 2007

Camp Whoas

Ugh, Corey doesn't like camp this year. They changed it to the Y - not the pavillion, and its just not the same. I've been hoping that maybe he would get used to it and it would be okay, but tonight, as we were getting ready for bed, he really stressed how much he doesn't like camp. He says its boring. I can see how he might say that. Last year at the pavilion, they did crafts almost every day, and when I would get there to pick him up, the crafts would be hanging on the walls to see. Plus, they had dedicated counselors who were there for Abina only, and he really got to know those people really well.

Now that they are at the Y, there are a multitude of counselors, and I don't think any of them know his name. And he's never brought home any crafts. Again, I just wasn't getting the warm fuzzy feelings like last year, and I guess the feelings are confirmed.

So, I have an email in to Kelly to see if she will take him for the summer. I don't know if she'll want to take on another child at this point, but it's worth a try. I just want him to be happy, and I'm not feeling like he's having fun. He did say last week that camp was more fun than school, but I think it was a rare moment - he never complained at all last year about camp. He couldn't wait to get there every day and when I would pick him up, he never wanted to leave. Now, when I get there, he can't wait to leave.

Worse case scenario - he can spend the summer with my dad. Which I know won't be all that exciting for him, but I'd rather pay my dad to watch him than camp. At least he would have some fun - and it would give my dad something to do.

We'll see what Kelly has to say and go from there.

No comments: