Homework. Corey has homework almost every night, now that he's in first grade. It only takes him about 10 minutes to do it, but its still homework. He practices writing numbers and letters, has to answer questions, sometimes draw things, and match up sounds to pictures. Then read some words. I'm just amazed at how well he's reading. And he still likes it! For the most part, he likes school. he complains every once in a while, but I think school is still pretty fun right now.
I got off work early last Friday and went to school to pick up PTA packets for Membership. I called Kelly and told her that I would be picking Corey up from school and he wouldn't be riding the bus. The look on his face when I showed up in his classroom was just absolutely the best ever! Joy and shock and happiness at seeing me there at school to pick him up. It made it all worth while. I should do that more often.
He brings home so much stuff every night. I love looking through all the papers that he has done. Drawings, daily work, journals, craft projects. I want to save it all - but I'm slowly start to run out of room for all his stuff. I still have all his preschool and kindergarden stuff, too. I guess someday I'll have to give it all up, but not yet!
He's still my baby!
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment