We had a small family party for Corey for his 7th birthday, here at the house. No friends, just family - although family is enough to fill the house. I didn't serve food - just chips and dip and cake and ice cream and I set the time for 2:00 so it was a little earlier than what I normally do. It went off really well - I didn't feel like I was crazed getting ready - and having the snack stuff went over well. Corey got some nice stuff, and a lot of money, since I had a really hard time this year making up a list for him. He's not really into anything - other than shooting and anything camouflage, so everyone went with that theme. Rick and Colleen got him a really cute camo shirt that he loves, and he got some arrows from Dan and Sandy. We had already given him the bow a few weeks ago to use for class. It was a pretty decent day outside, not too cold, so the kids went outside for a while and jumped on the trampoline to burn off some energy. He was definitely tired by the end of the evening. His official birthday is tomorrow - Jerry has the day off, so the guys are going to spend it together - most likely will go shooting. I wish I was able to take the day off, but can't.
The camouflage cake and balloons were cute - that was the only decorating I did and he was just fine with that. A huge switch from all the theme parties I've done in the past, but as he gets older, it's just not as important to him anymore. Another sign of growing up, I guess. (sob....) Before long, he'll be telling me he doesn't even want a party - so I'm going to hang on as long as I can and enjoy the innocence.
That being said, he's so mature sometimes for a 7 year old. Some of the things he says.....I know I should write them down and put it here - I have to look at him and ask him how old he is. Then, other times, its the complete opposite - he regresses back to 3 years old - but thats ususally when he's tired.
No matter what - birthdays are fun and he had fun. And he understands that when he gets money that means he gets to go shopping and spend it. Although, he doesn't quite understand value yet - but he loves that money! We'll be going shopping soon to spend his birthday money.
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment