Saturday, November 17, 2007

Archery Party

For Corey's 7th birthday, we hosted a kid party at Town Hall Archery in Belleville. Corey got to invite 15 of his friends to come out and shoot a bow and arrow, have some cake and ice cream and best of all - not at my house! He invited Nolan and Easton, of course, Josh, and then the rest all boys from school. The kids really had a great time - the guys who run Town Hall really are good with them, showing them all how to shoot and being very patient with them. Jerry was a nervous wreck, with 14 boys all with bows and arrows, but it was the easiest party I've ever hosted - I hardly had to do anything but take some video and a few pictures. Kind of nice for a change!

On the first round of shots, Monty was explaining to the boys how to shoot, and since Corey has been taking lessons, he told Corey to go ahead and shoot first, and then he would go to each boy individually and work with them. Corey drew his bow, fired his shot and hit a bullseye and popped the balloon on the target dead on! It was a proud moment for him, as well as his daddy - Jerry was practically bursting! And cool to see all the looks on the faces of the kids and parents that were still there - kind of like that MasterCard commercial - "priceless"!

The boys had a good time shooting and didn't want to take time to take a break and eat cake and ice cream. They wanted to get back to shooting. It was the fastest gift opening I've ever seen - after Corey was done opening gifts, Monty brought out the 3D targets for them to shoot at (deer, a snake, a couple of other things). They all really got a kick out of that. I think two of the boys enjoyed themselves so much at the party that they are going to sign up for lessons. Definitely worth the $5 per kid fee (cheap!) and the couple of minutes spent decorating the table in camoflauge themed partyware and balloons. I think it will be a party he will remember for a long time to come. I can't believe my baby is 7.

No comments: