Saturday, December 01, 2007

Trophy!!!!


Today was the final class of the session at archery - and it was tournament time. Jerry and Corey went to Town Hall last night to practice, since he hadn't shot in about two weeks due to the holiday. My little hunter man shot 77 over his average - resulting in him being awarded a trophy!!!! He was so excited, and proud and Jerry was just beaming. I wasn't there to see it, but when I got home, Corey ran up to me with his trophy - obviously a proud boy. He has now achieved the rank of Junior Archer - meaning that he has shot over 150 points. Not too bad for a 7 year old, I think! Jerry is so proud - words can't even describe how much he loves taking him up to class and watching him and working with him. I am so glad to see them interacting and having some father some time together. It's times like this I sometimes wish I had a daughter bond with, but my pride and joy over my son is so huge it fills my heart so much, I well up with tears and I can't imagine ever loving anything or anybody more than I do that little boy of mine.

No comments: