Today, we went to see the body worlds exhibit at the Science Center with mom and dad. I wasn't too sure how Corey would react to this, but I really wanted to see it, so I showed him some video on the computer, and he seemed to be okay with the concept. I actually have the day off from work - Martin Luther King, Jr. birthday -still getting used to having that day off.
We got over there about 9:30, mom had already bought tickets for the 10:00 showing. When you first walk in, you don't really know what to expect, and all you see are a bunch of bones in cases. I was standing there with Corey, trying to explain to him all the different body parts and he was mildly interested. Mom bought the audio tour - a litte phone looking device that you would press a number corresponding to the exhibit and it woudl tell you all about that portion of the body. Corey thought that was interesting for about, oh, 15 minutes, then he was done with it. He, unfortunately, got bored pretty quickly and was ready to go much sooner than any of the rest of us were. There were some exhibits that he thought were cool, but in his mind, he looked at them, and was then ready to move on. We, as adults, wanted to read the descriptions and ponder things a little more, but I guess that's to be expected of a 7 year old.
Overall though, it was a good experience for him, I think. He got to see some stuff that he wouldn't have otherwise ever seen. He wasn't interested in seeing anything else there at the Science Center, other than the dinosaurs, so we left after leaving the exhibit.
Had lunch at Olive Garden in Fairview. Yummy. What does my son order - mac and cheese. And, then doesn't even eat hardly any of it. Good thing it was cheap.
We had a nice day, though. Came back to the house and hung out and played video games for a couple of hours. I wish I had more days like this.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment