Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hug Your Children More

Why is it that it takes a tragedy for you to stop and think how fortunate you are? A good friend has a daughter who was killed in a car accident over the weekend. She was 22 - a terrible and tragic happening for any parent. I can tell you that I have hugged my son over and over and over - I can't seem to get enough hugs and kisses from that sweet innocent face. He can never grow up, or leave my sight, or have friends, or do any of those things that boys or men are supposed to do - I can't bear the thought of ever losing him. I would cease to exist. My reason for being is him and I can't imagine my life without him. My life is because of him - I know that my reason for being is because I was put on this earth to have him.

My thoughts and prayers go out to my friend, Tammie, and her family in this difficult time in their lives. It's hard to believe in a God who would do this right now, but somewhere deep inside me is a faith that will get me through - I only hope that Tammie and her family can be as strong.

No comments: