Can one boy talk any more than a 7 year old? Constantly, talking, all the time. During dinner, during a movie, while I'm trying to talk to Jerry, while Jerry is trying to talk to me. And, just total nonsense! Cute little facts he has learned at school. Or something total inane like what would happen if......, or what if I didn't......., or mommy, mommy, mommy.........
Maddening, but at the same time, so funny! Sometimes, Jerry and I just look at each other with an exasperated look and shake our heads. Sometimes, his talking prevents him from eating, he gets so into it.
Unfortunately, it's also gotten him into trouble at school. It was after spreak break, and I guess it was hard getting back into the routine. That's totally understandable. His teacher has a system of moving his "card" when there is misbehavior. He gets warned a few times, then if it continues, his card gets moved to various colors. This particular time, his card got moved two colors - the worst he has ever received. To make matters worse, he didn't tell Jerry or I about it the day that it happened. I didn't find out about it under his weekly report came home for me to sign. That made me more angry - because on the day that he got in trouble I had asked him what kind of day he had, and he looked me right in the eye and told me "good". So, he lied to me. Because he knew he was going to get in trouble! Stinker! That was a tough night. He cried and cried - he knew what he did was wrong, and he was punished for the entire weekend. No tv and no video games. I think he got the message. If he had told me the day that he got in trouble, I would have been upset for him talking in class, but he would have served his punishment and it would have been over. Instead, he didn't tell me, then lied to me about it - so the punishment had to last longer.
So, now every day when I pick him up and ask him how his day was, he says "good" and then he ends that with a "I pinky swear, mom!" Guess that old familiar phrase still holds true even in this day and age. He really means it!
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment