It's official, I now have a 2nd grader. How in the world did that happen? Corey seemed to have breezed through 1st grade pretty easily - only a few troubles here and there, and the homework he had was nothing. "Easy-peasy" homework is what we call it. Only takes him about 5 or 10 minutes at the most to do the Saxon sheets.
I vowed that over the summer, I would keep up with stuff - having him read, and write, but here it is the end of June already, and I've pretty much done nothing like that. I just don't have the heart. Its summer vacation - he's a kid - he won't have too many more of these kind of summers. I think he's smart enough to go back to school and pick up where he left off.
Kelly has been giving them some things to do during the day, so he is getting some work - just not here at home! I'm so glad we're at Kelly's for the summer and not camp. It's been nice knowing he's happy and not having to worry about him during the summer days.
This week, Corey is spending time with Dan and Sandy - Kelly is on vacation. As usual, he's having a blast. He's already rode the 4 wheeler, played on a slip and slide and had a sleep over with Dan's nephew and a friend. I'm sure he won't want to come home. Sandy bought him a video game - something Tony Hawk - which he is all excited about.
I miss the little bugger - he'll be home tomorrow. We'll meet up with Dan and Sandy at Rick's for the "family" reunion. It sure has been a strange week without Corey here - just don't know what to do with myself.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment