Once again, I'm so far behind.....
Corey is now in 3rd grade - how in the world did I get a third grader??? We had a great summer. Corey went to Sportsplex in Belleville for the summer, since Kelly opted to stop doing day care and get a job. He really liked it there. Between kickball and basketball and getting to go into the batting cages, he had a blast. ANd, they fed him lunch everyday, plus a snack. You can't go wrong with that - not having to worry about packing lunch and keeping it cold.
No family vacations this summer, just a couple of trips over to Dan and Sandy's to hang out. We did the Kelso family bash again, which was fun. I'm hoping next year we can so someplace fun, like Florida or maybe Ohio to the amusement park. We'll see how the funds hold up.
Corey is such a little man now. It won't be long before I lose him all together. He spends so much more time with dad now - shooting and riding his new (well, used) 4wheeler. Jerry took and picked him up from Sportsplex all summer, so it was good for them to get to spend time together. Now that he's back in school, I'm picking him up again.
The boy picks up on everything. Conversations, commercials, whatever. And constantly jabbers about everything. And the questions - i thought it was bad when he started talking. Now, it's really hard questions that i have to think about to answer. Logical questions. And, it won't be long before I won't be able to help him with his math homework :)
The other day he told me that some girls were chasing him at lunch. Didn't seem too concerned about it. Actually thought it was kind of funny. He's a good kid, though. Had a rough night the other night studying for a social studies test - he was tired and the content just wasn't sinking in at all. I had to leave for a PTA event, so he got to study with dad. Jerry said it was a tough night. But then the next morning, he had it all down. Ended up getting a 100% on the test! He has some issues with comprehension - reading something and then being able to recount what he read and make sense out of it. He just wants to read really fast and get it over with. He likes to read, but only if it's something he's interested in. Makes sense, I guess.
Over the summer, he read a book to and from Sportsplex. Jerry said it was like he wasn't even in the car. He blew through several books - I was more than happy to go to Borders to buy him more. I certainly want to encourage that habit. Now that he has to read for school credit, I hope the desire is still there. As long as we can find books that interest him, I think we'll be okay.
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment