Saturday, April 10, 2010

Lordy, Lordy, look who's 40......

Today, I turn 40. Wow. And I'm okay with it, really. I'm having a good day, I'm having a good attitude about it. I can't stop it, that's for sure, so why be upset about it. I'm going to make the best of this decade. The 30's were rough - being sick a lot and not knowing what it was that I really needed or wanted, outside of being just a mom and wife. I'm more secure as I get older and I'm happy to just be me and to have people accept me as me. Maturing, finally. Sure took me long enough, didn't it? :) What is the old saying - with age comes wisdom - well, i'm looking forward to just getting smarter and smarter! Forty and fabulous!

I've got a great family, a son I adore, a husband who frustrates me sometimes, but loves me even when I'm crazy and whom I love with all my heart. An extended family I love and who love me unconditionally. Who could ask for anything more (besides a brand new Camaro, but we can always dream, right?)

Corey is a good kid and I'm always so proud of him. Does well in school and is still a thoughtful kid, most of the time. I'm starting to see some of the attitude of a teenager...it creeps in every once in a while....I don't know what I will do when he gets there. I will miss my sweet innocent boy. His cute face this morning when he wished me happy birthday. How he still likes to hug me out in public. How he still calls me mommy. Things I treasure that I probably won't have for too much longer.

Ah, I wish I remembered to write here more often - so many things he does and says that are just priceless. But I have the memories in my mind and they keep me going. When work is just brutal, I can always come home to his smiling face and attempt to do some math homework with him - then work doesn't seem so bad. My boy is my baby and always will be.

No comments: