Wednesday, November 18, 2009

9 Years Old

He's 9. Almost a decade old. How is it that I had a life before him? How do mothers exist before they have children??? My little man, growing up faster than I can handle.

Sunday was the family party, although we were missing Grandma and Aunt Sandy. We made the best of it, but it was a low key party, just cake and ice cream and small snacks. Started at 2:00 and everyone was gone by 5:00. Short and sweet. He mostly got gift cards and money - a 9 year old boy is so hard to buy for now. He loves his video games and guns, and that's really about it.

I managed to find him some books that he mildly enjoyed, along with a few clothing items - yeah, I know, boring, but that's what moms are for, right?! Yesterday, he got the one gift he's been waiting for - Lego Indiana Jones 2. We played for a couple of hours last night. There is something strangely relaxing about playing a video game that frustrates me to no end - maybe it's the mother/son together time. :)

No comments: