When I got home from work today, I got the "report" that Corey was not a very good boy at school today. Apparently, him and Easton were fighting and Miss Laura had to reprimand them. I was extremely disappointed with Corey and told him so. Seems that they were both wound up and were probably just being boys, but Corey needs to learn that school is not a place to goof around (although, I'm sure I'm going to be dealing with this for the rest of his school life).
We stressed to Corey that if we get another bad report, toys are gone. He was "grounded" from the television tonight because of the bad report.
We finally got the printer and monitor for the computer, so now we have everything. Ruth was kind enough to sit at the house both on Friday and today to wait for the UPS delivery. While I got the printer hooked up and working, Corey played on the bed by himself and completely entertained himself. It was kind of funny to hear how his imagination works when he's playing by himself. He repeats a lot of what he hears daily and incorporates it into conversations with his "son". Yes, he has what I guess is an imaginary friend that he calls his son. I guess it's normal (Jerry had an imaginary friend named Bob Korna), but sometimes it kind of weirds me out. I'm not sure how to react to it sometimes, so I just kind of have a matter of fact attitude about his "son". When I ask him what his son's name is, he can never give me a name that makes sense. He always makes up some jibberish. RIght now, I don't see any harm in his imaginary friend. I feel guilty that Corey will never have a brother or sister. Maybe that's why him and Easton fight so much because they are kind of like brothers. They have practically been raised together. Easton is only 4 months older than Corey, and Corey started going to Deanna's when he was 2 months old. Right now, boys will be boys!
Monday, December 13, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment