We got to Jerry's brother's about 5:00 on Xmas day. With as big of a family as he has, we tend to do easy stuff. Each person brings a little something and we add it all together for a really good meal. Denise brought Rotel, we had ham and mac and cheese and cheesy potatoes. Ruth made stewed tomatoes for those who love them (not me...!) and we had her famous one egg cake for dessert. I made a Great Cake (heath bars, fudge, nuts and devils food cake). Corey ate a little bit, but not much. He was much too anxious to go play with his favorite cousin, Ryan. Corey thinks the world of Ryan and would probably jump off a bridge if Ryan did!
Opening presents at the Kelso xmas is always a riot! There are people everyone and wrapping paper flying and kids screaming and laughing and it's always about 1000 degrees! Corey got lots of nice stuff: power rangers tyranno staff; a karaoke machine, race track and some cute Tommy clothes from Sandy and Dan; another race track and power rangers morphers; a spiderman web slinger - complete with sprayable webs; and a bunch of other stuff that I can't even remember right now! Jerry got it all on video, so I guess I'll have to write it all down once I watch the video.
We spent the rest of the evening, sitting around talking with his family. We finally got Corey to agree to go home around 9 or so. He stayed awake the whole way home and wanted to put his train together when we got home!! I was exhausted, as was Jerry, so we all crashed pretty early.
Sunday, December 26, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment