Sunday, December 26, 2004

Xmas Day 2004

Corey was up at 7:00 on Christmas morning. He crawled into bed with me and I whispered to him if he went out to check and see if Santa was here. He said that he wasn't sure, but we should go check.
Santa brought Corey a flatscreen television for his room (against Mommy's wishes), power rangers tennis shoes, Shrek slippers, power rangers legos, a Jimmy Neutron DVD, a pop-up game called Perfection (I remember playing it when I was a kid) and a stenciling book. He was pretty excited about everything, but of course, I had to put together the power rangers lego set first! Jerry was feeling pretty rough, so Corey and I played and let him get some sleep.

We were due to be at my mom's at 10:30, so we finally got ready and got there just in time for breakfast. Grandma Mac joined us for xmas this year, since Uncle Jerry and Aunt Laura nor Shelly or Rob would be home this year. She was pretty quiet, and was not quite all with it, but it was good to have her there. She gave me and Jen each a cookie jar and everyone else got an envelope with money in it. She didn't count right and had an extra envelope and couldn't figure out who the envelope belonged to. She kept asking each person who already had an envelope if they had one. It's heartwrenching to see how forgetful she is these days.

Breakfast was the usual bacon and eggs, fried potatotes, biscuits and gravy and the works. Mom appeared to feel well enough to cook, but I suspect she felt a lot worse than she really let on. She's not one to admit when she's sick. She actually went to the doctor, who proceeded to tell her that she had a cold! DUH!

Dad just had his surgery on his hand and wasn't able to do much but sit and enjoy everyone's company. I hope the surgery is successful this time. He had a cyst removed the first time, but it came back. Hopefully, this time it won't come back.

Corey pestered until we were ready to open presents. He got the V-Smile computer game system from Mom and Dad. It's a video game aimed at kids his age. I hope that he'll be able to figure it out. He tends to give up really easy if something is "too hard".
Jeff and Jen got him some Star Wars stuff, including a wonderfully loud and annoying light saber (I can't wait til they have kids)! They also got him some really cute tops, which he of course ignored!

Grandma got him a talking bank that is hopefully going to help teach him how to count money. Grandma and Grandpa Locke drove up to see our presents and to bring some of Corey's toys that he left out in Marissa the night before. It was nice to see Grandpa get out of the house, of course, they only stayed a few minutes and then left. Jeff and Jen had to leave around 2:00 to go to Jen's parents house, so it was down to the Kelso's, hanging out. We all crashed on the floor and couch and watched A Christmas Story and ate junk food after the fullness from breakfast finally wore off. Corey eventually succumbed to the day and fell asleep on the couch!

No comments: