Okay, I did some "research" yesterday and read that even small children can have chores and understand that they have certain things that they need to do. Corey understands that he has to put his toys away at night before he goes to bed, but we've only been reinforcing to put away the toys in the living room. And, he knows that his jammies go into the hamper when he takes them off. I think tonight, we're going to start making sure that his room is straightened up too.
I taught him how to make his bed this morning. I tried to make it fun and give him a sense of accomplishment for doing it. He was all excited to make the bed this morning, so I hope that lasts! Of course, this means I'll have to make my bed too! Gotta practice what I preach!
I'm starting off small, but I want him to learn how to clean up after himself and be self sufficient, instead of always relying on daddy to do things for him.
I want to teach him how to make his own breakfast and pick out clothes to wear every day. I hope I'm not asking too much, but I really think he can handle it.
Tuesday, January 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment