I have spent the last week and half converting the first of the McMurray family video tapes to DVD. It was quite a process, but I am absolutely having a blast doing it. I hooked up the VCR to the computer, converted the analog tapes into digital through my camcorder, then using a program from Abode, edited the movies by adding music and titles and transitions. I finally finished the first tape last night, and it took 3 hours to burn to DVD. The finished product is about 1 hour and 48 minutes. It was originally 2 hours plus of video tape. I edited out a lot of bad spots and unnecessary footage. It was quite a trip down memory lane as the earliest footage starts when I was about 2.
I'm anxious to start the next tape. Problem is, the video takes up so much space on my computer (22 gigs...if you can believe it!) that I'll have to delete all the work I did in order to start the next one. So, I wanted to make sure that I worked out all the bugs before burning the DVD. I made a bunch of copies of the DVD to send to the family (hopefully....everyone has a DVD player!). I know Grandma doesn't have one, but she'll have the original tapes that she can watch anytime.
Once I'm done with the family tapes, I'm going to move on to my tapes from when Corey was born and get those converted. I definately have my work cut out for me!
Sunday, May 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment