Well, last Friday was my last vacation day that I needed to use up for the year at work. I have really enjoyed the past couple of Fridays off. I've done "spring cleaning", played around on the computer and tried my best to enjoy myself.
One of these days, I'll be unemployed, so it was good to take advantage of paid vacation.
We have a new VP at work, and it's been very strange. After not having someone to lead our department for 6+ years, and all of a sudden have someone to me seems ridiculous. I think that this new VP was sent to our department to shut us up and make sure that we all stick around until the "end"...whenever that may be. He keeps assuring us that Fall advertising will go as planned, but I'm not so sure. The stockholders are supposed to vote on the merger in June and I have always kind of had the feeling that we wouldn't be around to much longer after that. Maybe I'm totally wrong, but it's just a feeling I have. I finally did finish my resume, but have yet to actually send it out and look for a job. I just don't have the heart for it. My original thought was always to stick it out at May, but now that we have this "boss", I don't really know what to do. I've been so busy that i haven't had time to think about being unemployed!
Sunday, May 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment